Garbhadhaan Sanskar to get only a devotee child – Tips from the acharyas!
Two women asked like this:
(1) Dear Sir what are the rules and relations between husband and wife for devotees? Why conditions within husband and wife also?
(2) Hàre Krishna prabhu Ji // Mata Ji. Dandvat pranam . All glorious to srila prabhupada. Can you explain regarding garbhadhaan sanskar?? So we get a devotee child. Your servant ………………”
There are certain advice for the devotee couples if they want to get devotee children only. Some highlights are given below:
GENERAL TIPS FOR GARBHADHAAN SANSKAR
(1) First, the boy and girl should marry to lead a grahastha life, ie, married life centered at Krishna, ie, living for Krishna.
(Getting a devotee child – Complete spiritual Tips! READ HERE!)
(2) Then, they should involve in “relation” only to get a child, not for sense gratification alone, like the animals do.
(3) They should not unite on prohibited days like ekadasis, amavasya, appearance days of great vaishnava acharyas, etc. They can involve in it on the remaining days.
(4) For the initiated devotees, or for the devotees who like to follow the rules of Garbha Dhaan, they should have the relation only once a month filtering the days as mentioned above.
(5) On the day of the “relations”, the husband should take sufficient grainy prasadam and wife should get light prasadam.
(6) They should also offer prasadam to atleast one saintly person and get their blessings.
(7) After that, they should chant atleast 50 rounds of Hare Krishna Maha Manthra before going to bed. Why this chanting? They should develop their consciousness as Krishna consciousness so that selected and blessed cell succeeds in creating garbha.
(Is it right for a Devotee Couple Avoiding Children for economic reasons? READ HERE!)
(8) The quality of the sperm cells used to form the pregnancy depends on the consciousness with which the couples mate. If they mate with the deep consciousness of enjoyments alone, they get a child dominated with the material qualities. If they mate with the deep consciousness of krishna, they can get a devotee child. Hence this Garbhadhaan sanskar is recommended to get quality children.
(8) Let us have some examples in the scriptures for this process of Garbhadhaan Sanskar:
(i) Before having Arjuna as their child Mother Kunti and Pandu observed strict celibacy for full one year and plus they performed devotional service to the Lord Krishna.
(ii) Mother Aditi performed Payo Vrata austerity drinking only milk for 12 days and intensely serving to the Devotees and to the Lord and Kashyapa Muni performed austerities for many years observing celibacy. So as a result they begot Vamana deva Himself as their child.
(iii) Devaki and Vasudev in previous lives performed severe austerities for many years eating only roots and fruits, being in cold and in hot weather… as a result, they begot Lord Vishnu as their son and in next life as Lord Krishna in Dvapara Yuga.
(HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR CHILD AS A DEVOTEE OF KRISHNA? READ HERE!)
(iv) As a negative example, Diti forced her husband for relations with her in a prohibitted time (in the evening) without observing any austerities and as a result they begot Hiranya kashipu and Hiranyaksha as their children…
So, to get a devotee child, we need to follow devotional practices for that purpose.
Srila Prabhupada’s Views about Garbhadhaaan sanskar
(1) Bhagavad-Gita (16:1-3) purport:
To beget a child in a godly atmosphere is known in the Vedic scriptures as Garbhadhana-sanskara. If the parents want a child in the godly qualities they should follow the ten principles recommended for the social life of the human being.
In Bhagavad-gita Krishna says that the ……. life that do not violate the vedic instructions ie, used only for begetting a good child is Krishna Himself. ……….life is not condemned, provided the process is used in Krishna consciousness.
(2) Srimad Bhagavatam 3:5:19 purport:
The birth of a human being is a great science, and therefore reformation of the act of impregnation according to the Vedic ritual called Garbhadhana-sanskara is very important for generating good population. The problem is not to check the growth of the population, but to generate good population on the level of Vidura, Vyasa and Maitreya. There is no need to check the growth of population if the children are born as human beings with all precautions regarding their birth.
(How marriage between Devotee and Non Devotee affects the children? READ HERE!)
(3) Srimad Bhagavatam 3:16:35 purport:
It is to be concluded that while conceiving a child one’s mind must be very sober and devotional. For this purpose the Garbhadhana-sanskara is recommended in the Vedic scriptures.
(4) Srimad Bhagavatam 3:20:28 purport:
It follows that any father and mother should also be careful while begetting children. The mental condition of a child depends upon the mental status of his parents at the time he is conceived. According to the Vedic system, therefore, the garbhadhana-sanskara, or the ceremony for giving birth to a child, is observed. Before begetting a child, one has to sanctify his perplexed mind. When the parents engage their minds in the lotus feet of the Lord and in such a state the child is born, naturally good devotee children come; when the society is full of such good population, there is no trouble from demoniac mentalities.
(5) Srimad Bhagavatam 3:31:5 purport:
Too much salt, chili, onion and similar food is forbidden for the pregnant mother because the child’s body is too delicate and new for him to tolerate such pungent food. Restrictions and precautions to be taken by the pregnant mother, as enunciated in the smrti scriptures of Vedic literature, are very useful. We can understand from the Vedic literature how much care is taken to beget a nice child in society.
(Parents’ karma or Child’s karma – Which gives a child with disabilities? READ HERE!)
(6) Srimad Bhagavatam 4:14:42 purport:
The purity of hereditary succession is called amogha-virya. The pious seminal succession in the twice-born families of the brahmanas and ksatriyas especially, as well as in the families of vaisyas also, must be kept very pure by the observation of the purificatory processes beginning with garbhadhana-sanskara, which is observed before conceiving a child. Unless this purificatory process is strictly observed, especially by the brahmanas, the family descendants become impure, and gradually sinful activities become visible in the family.
(7) Srimad Bhagavatam 4:31:10 purport:
Animals can take their birth in this way too. However, a human being can be reformed from the saukra janma, as recommended in the Vedic civilization. Before the birth takes place, or before father and mother unite, there is a ceremony called garbhadhana-sanskara, which must be adopted. This garbhadhana-sanskara is especially recommended for higher castes, especially the brahmana caste.
(8) Srimad Bhagavatam 7:12:11purport:
The grhastha must obtain permission from the spiritual master to observe the ritualistic ceremony of garbhadhana-sanskara. Then he may approach his wife to beget children, otherwise not.
(9) Srimad Bhagavatam 10:7:4 purport:
Similarly, before the birth of the child there is the garbhadhana ceremony. In Vedic civilization, childbirth or pregnancy is never regarded as a burden; rather, it is a cause for jubilation. In contrast, people in modern civilization do not like pregnancy or childbirth, and when there is a child, they sometimes kill it.
I have just given some hints about Garbhadhaan sanskar. Even if you follow these points it is enough. However, More details will be given by your spiritual master and sathsangha when you get initiation.
Hope you are now clear about Garbhadhaan Sanskar to get only a devotee child.
(16 TIPS A PREGNANT WOMAN SHOULD FOLLOW TO GET A DEVOTEE CHILD! READ HERE!)