SPIRITUAL TIPS TO AVOID WATCHING SENSE INDUCING CONTENTS!
The tips given in this post are based on the Scriptures. In addition to this many general tips have been given in our another site www.counsellingdaily.com.
Adult films, stories and Pictures are the traps developed by maya to catch you and drag you more into the materialistic life deeply. Please never go near to them and get trapped by maya that will give you repeated births and deaths with painful life. There will be no love in such contents. Marrying and living the grahastha life with a wife is a decent and emotional relation. Whatever your wife gives you will be mixed with the love and emotions. These actors are acting for money. No love and emotions are there. You are only helping them to earn more by watching more and more such films.
If these actors involve in public performance for movies, it is their karma. If you watch it for pleasure, you add your karma. How?
When a person watches adult contents, it will DEFINITELY induce his/ her senses and hence, he will forget the way of life recommended by scriptures. The scenes in that movie will make him to start illicit relations with any person in his locality. Then he will spend his whole life in looking for girls as this desire will only grow and will never come down.
He starts to see even good girls with bad motive. So, he will face many problems from the neighbours and friends and even in his family. He loses his good image in the society and even a child will run away on seeing him as he has been branded as bad charactered. Thus, HE LOSES HIS PEACE IN HIS LIFE. IN THE NEXT BIRTH, HE TAKES BIRTH AS DOGS AS PER THE SCRIPTURES.
Krishna gives an idea to control our senses in Bhagavad Gita C-2, T-59:
“When a person rejects the sense objects, they may go away from him, but, his desire on them does not go away! Only when he experiences a higher taste (of serving the Supreme Personality of Godhead), he will be able to be free from even his desires on the sense objects!”
In this sloka, Krishna gives us a straight method for unlocking our attachments!
Many follow some material efforts to come out of material sense objects! They stop seeing or facing the opposite gender! They start avoiding the tasty food! Though he had skipped them materially, he will be thinking about the opposite gender and tasty food in his mind! His desire will not leave from him, if he follows material process of rejection!
Whereas, when he being an athma takes a higher taste of Paramathma, ie, Krishna, all his lower material tastes vanish from his mind! This is the straight and standard route to get rid of material tastes! When we take Krishna, we will never care the opposite gender or the tasty food, etc., because, our mind would have been fixed on Krishna! The spiritual taste of serving Krishna is so powerful that keeps all the material desires induced by maya away!
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT REPLY GIVEN BY KRISHNA HIMSELF TO YOU:
In BHAGAVAD GITA C-3, T-6, Krishna says: “If a person has controlled his senses (by force), but is thinking of the sense objects, he is not an intelligent person and he is considered as a pretender!”
This is the very affirmative and sharp advice by Lord Krishna about REAL SENSE CONTROL! Actually, there are many persons who are thinking that being renounced physically is enough for renouncing from this material world! But, Krishna sharply declines this and advises NOT EVEN TO THINK OF THESE SENSE OBJECTS!
In this sloka, Krishna uses the word “Karmendriyanisamyamya…”. He refers FIVE KARMENDRIYAS (mouth, hand, leg, butt and genital) as well as FIVE GNANENDRIYAS ( ear, skin, eye, tongue, nose). We must avoid all the material activities performed by these senses! In addition to that, Krishna adds the MIND also to be controlled!
Because, as per the Lord’s teachings, thinking an action by mind is equal to doing that action through the above senses!
Let us see an example! There are some people who claim that they have become a renounced person! Of course, they will not involve in prohibited PHYSICAL offences/ crimes! But, their mind may be longing for women!
They may not physically involve in violative activities. But, their mind may be longing for women even when they are alone, or, on seeing every woman, they will be thinking about that person with ill motive! This is not different from directly exploiting those women, with ill motive!
Krishna calls such persons as PRETENDERS! Because, whatever they avoid doing physically, they do within their mind! They are not intelligent too, as Lord said.
Krishna advises us to avoid even thinking as well as doing of prohibited things! This is the right method of renouncing from unwanted acts like watching adult films, masturbation, illicit relations, etc.
UNDERSTAND THE REAL HAPPINESS AND FALSE HAPPINESS IN LIFE
Anything that gives a short term pleasure to body is the false happiness. Anything that gives ETERNAL Pleasure to athma is REAL HAPPINESS.
Why body oriented pleasures are false? Because, they are short lived and they bind you to this material world more and more strongly. Eg: Pleasures through Relations, acquiring wealth, eating all varieties – even non veg, mating, etc, end when this body dies.
Why athma oriented pleasures are true and eternal? Because, athma is the REAL ETERNAL LIVING BEING that is the part and parcel of Lord Himself. Therefore, athma will be happy only if we think, love and serve the Lord Krishna. When we love Krishna, athma gets purified from the impurities of attachments and hence, in due course of time, we will be gradually losing our interest in temporary pleasures related to the body.
So, you must increase your efforts to go closer to Lord.
(1) As the first step, increase sincere chanting of Hare Krishna Maha Manthra with a taste in it not mechanically to finish the rounds. You should enjoy chanting. It is the real chanting.
Also Read this post to know how to avoid Illicit relations.
(2) Read the writings about Krishna that are abundantly available with us. When we read more about Krishna, we will automatically develop taste in it. Once we develop taste in Krishna, you will gradually lose interest in these adult contents.
(3) In addition to that have a check in your food habits and avoid rajo and thamo guna dominated foods like meat, onion, garlic, coffee, tea, etc. Have vegetables, nuts, milk, grains, etc after offering them to Lord. Thus, even your food will purify your consciousness.
(4) Moreover, our association is extremely important. If you associate more with the devotees who are speaking and acting about Krishna alone, you will also start to involve in the activities related to Krishna. This is the proven factor in avoiding lust. But we do not give mucch importance for this association factor. We spend most of our time in working, studying with highly materialistic people who always discuss about cinema actors, lust, physical beauty, etc. We should actively take the association atleast once a week on week ends. On other days we should be in touch with the devotees through the media like ours and some other good platforms.
(5) Don’t remain alone unless you have any productive assignments to do. Try to involve in any productive act all the time. Always be busy. Don’t remain idle. An idle mind develops so much of unwanted thoughts.
(6) MARRY A GOOD GIRL/ BOY WHO HAS SINCERE INTEREST IN DEVOTIONAL WAY OF LIFE though you are very young. Instead of doing sinful acts in teen ages, getting married earlier (above 18) and controlling your senses is better. So, if you are above 18 and are disturbed by such unwanted thoughts, please marry such a girl immediately. (If you are a girl, marry a boy). If you hesitate, you will have to add sins.
(7) As suggested by A.C. Bakthi Vedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada the founder acharya of ISKCON, there is only one way for tackling these nonsense, time killing and soul-contaminating activities! What is that?
DIVERT THE DESIRE OF VIOLATIONS ON HEARING or READING THE LILAS OF KRISHNA AND ON SEEING THE MOST ATTRACTIVE FACE OF KRISHNA! Develop sincere interest in that. We have a wonderful literature SRIMAD BHAGAVATHAM that speaks everything about Krishna. Srimad Bhagavatham is capable of freeing us from the lusty thoughts and acts. Such a powerful literature we have with us. We can read it as many times as possible. It will not bore us.
When you become REALLY interested in enjoying the DARSHAN of Lord Krishna, Radharani, the Gopis, the acharyas, etc, stage by stage, our desires in seeing these ugly acts and the genitals made up of flesh will go away.
(8) When we start to see the women other than our wife as our mothers we will have a good culture with control and we will feel watching the bodies of other women as sinful.
SrilaPrabhupada says in his morning walk on 25.10.1975:
“Any woman should be looked upon as mother. This is culture. Except his married wife, all women should be treated as mother. The brahmaca-ri-s were taught like that, “Mother.” This is culture. Simply they are trying to elope other’s wife, other’s woman, exploit them. And they’re cultured. There is no culture at the present moment. “
A devotee asked Prabhupada: “Srila Prabhupada, should we call all the women “mother”?
Prabhupada: Yes. And treat it like mother. Not only call, but treat it like mother.
(9) If you have come to the stage of 16 rounds of chanting it is good to accept a bonafide guru because joining in the Guru Parampara, the blessings of all the acharyas will help you to fight with maya successfully. Instead of fighting with maya alone try to fight as a member of the lineage of acharyas. Consider this sincerely.
How does Krishna wipe away your interest in these sense related unwanted matters?
Because, Krishna is the master of senses. When you involve your senses in activities related to Krishna, He purifies all your senses and you become a person with no oscillations. You feel a bliss and peace within you.
Only if you do what I have advised here, you can feel the greatness of devotional services to Krishna. So, please start to seriously involve in devotional practices.
If you find it difficult, first do them atleast forcefully for 48 days (called one cycle, ie, mandala). After that, it will become a habit and you will come to a stage in which you can not remain without doing services to Krishna.
So, start to cultivate your athma by practising devotion to Krishna and you will lose interest in seeing such nonsense bodies and nasty acts of the actors. Be satisfied with your spouse who has been blessed for you by Lord.
INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME IN WATCHING THE SIMILAR FLESH, SEE KRISHNA IN EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.
You will become free from all such violative desires soon. All the best.