SIX GOSWAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – SRI RAGHUNATHA BHATTA GOSWAMI
We have been learning about the Six Goswamis of Vrindavan who served in Vrindavan as ordered by Sri Caitanya Maha Prabhu. We have already learnt about Sri Rupa, Sanatana and Jiva Goswamis.
(SIX GOSWAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – INTRODUCTION CAN BE READ HERE!)
In this Post, let us learn about Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami, as usual in a brief diary form:
(1) Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami is another associate of Sri Caitanya maha Prabhu who visited Vrindavana and served there.
(2) He is also called “Kirtana Acharya” because he was an expert in performing the kirtans that won the satisfaction of Sri Caitanya Maha Prabhu.
(3) He was also an expert in cooking that satisfied even Sri Caitanya maha Prabhu.
(4) By the order of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Raghunatha Bhatta remained a lifelong brahmachari.
(5) He always remained chanting of Hare Krishna Maha Manthra and reading Srimad Bhagavatam.
(SIX GOSVAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – SRI RUPA GOSVAMI – READ HERE!)
(6) He could sing unparallelly the slokas of Srimad Bhagavatham in four tunes in Vrindavana that were enjoyed by the vaishnavas there including Sri Rupa and Sanatana Goswamis.
(7) He fulfilled Lord Chaitanya’s order to preach the glories and peerless significance of the grantha-raja Shrimad Bhagavatam.
(8) He would shed tears of pure love for Radha-Govinda.
(9) He was always absorbed in Krishna-katha and he never heard or spoke worldly topics.
(10) He also avoided criticizing Devotees.
(11) He believed that all Vaishnavas are sincerely serving the Lord according to their realization, and therefore one should overlook their faults.
(12) Inspired by Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami, a wealthy disciple built a gorgeous Temple in Vrindavana for Shri-Shi Radha-Govindaji.
(SIX GOSWAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – SRI SANATANA GOSWAMI – READ HERE!)
(13) Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami faithfully served Govindaji for forty years.
(14) He was a scholar in all subjects. However, he didn’t write any books like the other Goswamis.
(15) He learned everything simply by hearing shastras.
(16) Fearing that Muslims might desecrate Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami’s sacred form, Shri Jiva Goswami had his body burned.
(17) The ashes were placed in two samadhis, one in Radha-kunda, another in the 64 Samadhis Area.
(18) In Radha-Govindaji’s nitya-lila, he serves as Rasa or Raga manjari, one of Shri Radha’s asta manjaris.
(SIX GOSWAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – SRI JIVA GOSWAMI – READ HERE!)