SIX GOSWAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – SRI JIVA GOSWAMI
(1) BIRTH OF SRI JIVA GOSWAMI: In the year 1513 at Ramakeli, Maldah District, West Bengal, India as the nephew of Sri Rupa and Sanatana Goswamis.
(2) In his boyhood he made a Deity of Krishna-Balarama and gave care to them.
(3) At bed time he would embrace his Deities and fall asleep that shows Jiva Goswami’s love for Krishna-Balarama.
(SIX GOSVAMIS OF VRINDAVAN – INTRODUCTION CAN BE READ HERE!)
(4) Sri Jiva Goswami studied Sanskrit grammar, poetry, logic, philosophy.
(5) Others could not speak to him about anything but Krishna.
(6) He toured Navadwipa-dhama with Shri Nityananda Prabhu.
(7) He studied Sanskrit in Benares.
(8) Then, he resided in Vrindavana.
(9) He served Sri Rupa Goswami by washing his feet, preparing his manuscripts, and editing his books before receiving diksha.
(10) After the disappearance of Sri Rupa and Sri Sanatana Goswamis, Sri Jiva Goswami became the Gaudiya Sampradaya Acharya and guided all Vaishnavas in Navadwipa, Vrindavana, Jagannatha Puri.
(ALSO READ THE HISTORY OF SRI RUPA GOSWAMI HERE!)
(11) He always acted as a humble servant of all the jivas. Whenever Bengali Vaishnavas visited Vrindavana, he would lovingly receive them, arrange for Prasadam and comfortable rooms, an even guide them on Vraja mandala parikrama.
(12) He had the skill of composing Sanskrit verses in his mind and write them down without changing anything. Thus, he is the greatest Sankrit scholar who ever lived.
(13) Sri Jiva Goswami was the youngest but most prolific writer among the Goswamis.
(14) He wrote an astounding half million Sanskrit verses (about 25 books).
(15) Three of his famous works are: Gopala Champu, Sat Sandarbhas, and Hari Nama-vyakarana.
(16) DISAPPEARANCE DAY OF SRI JIVA GOSWAMI: In the year 1598 in the age of 84–85.
(Also Read the History of SRI SANATANA GOSWAMI HERE.)