Can I meet and speak to Krishna? What to do for that?
A devotee asked like this:
“have you seen lord krishna, i am a devotee of lord krishna, i always have an eagerness to know him , to connect with him, and even with my friends i talk about his divinity and to devote him towards the lord and good things, but there is no guru of me as i am bounded to my home and just 12 pass, nobody in my family allow me to go and join such religious institutions, so i want from you to show me the right path to know the true meaning of god, how to see him, i want he should talk to me like a friend, please help me”
Actually, to see God, we should first purify ourselves. Only those liquids that have the same density can mix with each other. If the density is different, they can not mingle. Water can mix with water. But, it can not mix with coconut oil. The oil has different physical property.
Similarly, If you like to see God, particularly, Krishna, you have to develop the qualities of Krishna. Krishna is fully renounced though He is involving in creations and maintenance. He is absolutely pure and free from contamination of attachments. So, if you too develop these qualities, you can see Krishna by going to His kingdom.
In fact, all of us are coming from Krishna only and that is why, we have all the qualities of Krishna in minute quantity. All the qualities we have is also present in Krishna also, but, TOTALLY, not partially. That is why, we are humans and He is Supreme Lord.
Know the qualities of a pure devotee of Krishna in THIS POST.
You may ask: As we too have the qualities of Krishna, why can we see him as both are like water and water?
Yes. If we are in our original position, we can see Krishna. But, are we in our original position? Our original position athma that is is pure and free from attachment to this material world. But, we have developed attachments with this material world and hence have been COVERED BY MAYA. So, we are unable to see Krishna. If we do not have any desires of material things, and are filling ourselves (athma) with Krishna, we can REGAIN our original status of Pure servant of Krishna, as maya would have relieved us from her clutch.
So, if you like to realise Krishna in this birth and see Him after leaving this body, do the following thing:
(1) First give up all your material desires and desire for serving Krishna through your present set up.
(2) Use your senses in the service of Krishna. See Krishna, hear Krishna, smell prasadam, speak about Krishna. Thus, you can involve all your senses in the service of Lord. You can also use your intelligence in the service of Lord. Thus, your senses are purified.
(3) Associate more with the devotees of Lord.
(4) Krishna lives in His Name in kaliyuga. So, chant Hare Krishna Maha Manthra atleast 16×108 times daily.
(5) The food must be regulated as satvic vegetarian foods. First offer the food to Krishna, and then take it. This food will be free from karma, and it is non-different from Krishna.
(6) To improve in Krishna Consciousness, one should follow 4 regulative principles of No meat eating, No gambling, No intoxication and No illicit sex.
The above things will purify you and after purification, you can realize Krishna and even go back to His Kingdom. But, these qualities can’t be developed theoretically. They must be PRACTISED. So, you need the support of other devotees. So, better please visit your nearest ISKCON temple and learn how other devotes are following this. You can also refer all our past counselling posts that contain A-Z details for going closer to Krishna and serve him.
All the best.