Horoscope (Kundli) Matching for marriage: Do Acharyas recommend it?

Horoscope (Kundli) Matching for marriage: Do Acharyas recommend it?

A Girl devotee asked like this:

“Anna, I want to know how to choose our life partner as per prabhupada’s advice. Has he recommended horoscope (Kundli) matching for marriage? My marriage is delayed because of horoscope.”

REPLY:

Delay is better than entering into the life with a wrong person. Doshas come down with the advancement of age. Then, marriage will happen. Don’t worry.

Yes, Horoscope (Kundli) Matching or checking has been recommended by almost all the vaishnava and advaita acharyas.

Srila Prabhupada clearly recommended seeing horoscopes for selecting a right girl or guy for marriage.

(Is Horoscope matching necessary though a boy and girl love each other? READ HERE!)

A devotee may be a sincere devotee of Krishna. So, he may think that he does not require seeing horoscopes as Krishna will protect. But, the astrology was also given by Krishna in adharva veda.

This shows that astrology can be used for good purposes like marriage, building houses, starting business, choosing right career, etc. These are all genuine causes. Krishna and Srila Prabhupada have no objection if astrology is used for genuine cause.

Why should I see Horoscope (Kundli) Matching for marriage?

Because Srila Prabhupada says that the boy and girl should have similar nature when they marry. So, to find out the similar nature, horoscopes will help.

An expert astrologer will not stop with seeing how many matches are there. It is just 20% match though all the matches are available. The marriage have the chances to fail if we check number of matches alone.  I never stop with seeing number of matches alone. I also check the remaining 80% in my match making and I check the character and nature compatibility and dosha match also. So, we can observe 100% matching possibilities.

If all the matches are there, but, there is no dosha match, I do not okay that match if the dosha is very severe for one of them. If the GUNA match is not matching in my deep analysis, I advice not to consider because they will be fighting.

(If our spouse is already decided by karma, why should we see horoscopes for marriage? READ HERE!)

For example, I will not recommend a girl who is not interested in sex life for a boy who seriously need sex in life. If I okay it, the life will be miserable for both. That marriage will not last for long.

Similarly, I do not recommend a girl who is short tempered to a boy who is very soft and can not bear short temper of others.

Srila Prabhupada clearly says that both the boy and girl should be of similar nature to marry after Horoscope (Kundli) Matching.

See what he says:

Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.21.15:

“In spite of his condemning persons who approach the Lord for material advantages, Kardama Muni expressed his material inability and desire before the Lord by saying, “Although I know that nothing material should be asked from You, I nevertheless desire to marry a girl of like disposition.” The phrase “like disposition” is very significant. Formerly, boys and girls of similar dispositions were married; the similar natures of the boy and girl were united in order to make them happy. Not more than twenty-five years ago, and perhaps it is still current, parents in India used to consult the horoscope of the boy and girl to see whether there would be factual union in their psychological conditions. These considerations are very important. Nowadays marriage takes place without such consultation, and therefore, soon after the marriage, there is divorce and separation. Formerly husband and wife used to live together peacefully throughout their whole lives, but nowadays it is a very difficult task.

Kardama Muni wanted to have a wife of like disposition because a wife is necessary to assist in spiritual and material advancement. It is said that a wife yields the fulfillment of all desires in religion, economic development and sense gratification. If one has a nice wife, he is to be considered a most fortunate man. In astrology, a man is considered fortunate who has great wealth, very good sons or a very good wife. Of these three, one who has a very good wife is considered the most fortunate. Before marrying, one should select a wife of like disposition and not be enamored by so-called beauty or other attractive features for sense gratification.

In the Bhagavatham, Twelfth Canto, it is said that in the Kali-yuga marriage will be based on the consideration of sex life; as soon as there is deficiency in sex life, the question of divorce will arise.”

(Is Krishna Bakthi possible only if destined in our horoscope? READ HERE!)

Srimad-Bhagavatam 9.18.23:

‘The central idea is that if the boy and girl were on an equal level the marriage would be happy, whereas inequality would lead to unhappiness’.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 10.60.15:

‘Marriage and friendship are proper between two people who are equal in terms of their wealth, birth, influence, physical appearance and capacity for good progeny, but never between a superior and an inferior’.

Like Srila Prabhupada, another acharya whom I revered much was Sri Chandrasekarendra Swami Sankaracharya of Kancheepuram, Near Chennai, who was my kula guru by birth. He too insisted performing the marriage only after checking the horoscopes. In fact there were astrology scholars in his mutt also.

(Will the horoscope work even if the child is taken out in surgery? READ HERE! )

Thus, it is good and safe to check your horoscope with a good and responsible astrologer who thoroughly analyze the horoscopes and give matching report.

I check only two horoscopes a day spending 3 hours for every horoscope because I do not make any big compromise in giving the reports. I write even the negatives frankly and softly without bothering whether the person may stay  with me or leave me.   Analyzing horoscopes taking sufficient time and Telling the observed fact as it is in a softened language is the dharma for astrologers.

Just because some astrologers give compromised advice, do not think that the sastra itself is faulty.  Vedic sastras never go wrong if handled in a responsible manner.

Hope this helps you.

(If you like to get a foolproof report about the match between you and the proposed boy or girl, you can refer THIS PAGE of our site.)

Author: RAJAN

RAJAN from Tamil Nadu, India, has decades of association with the devotees of Krishna. He is promoting many sites and he promotes this blog-website as an E-SATHSANGHA (E-FORUM) to give Spiritual Solutions for all the Material Problems faced by the devotees! In this site, he writes the friendly and practical tips for the practice of devotion (i) without hurting the followers of other paths, (ii) without affecting the personal and career life, and (iii) without the blind, superstitious and ritualistic approach! He has been counselling through social media and websites since the year 2011. His services are guiding more than 1,20,000 serious followers and lakhs of visiting readers! RAJAN accepts no credits for his services but dedicates all the credits to Krishna.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.