ACHARYAS ON CHANTING THE HOLY NAMES OF KRISHNA!
We all have sufficiently read what Srila Prabhupada has said about chanting the HOLY NAMES OF kRISHNA. I have many times said that the views of all acharyas are similar in the case of chanting. In This Post, I like to give you some points that have been given by another revered acharya (Late) Sri Chandrasekarendra Swami Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt, Near Chennai. This acharya was very popular for his perfect Sanyasa life and topmost simplicity. He had high regards about the harinam preaching by ISKCON. When there were no stapati in India to perfectly and daringly scarve the Ugra Narsimmha deva deity in Mayapur planned by ISKCON, this swamiji sent his stapati to carve the deity after repeated requests from the devotees of ISKCON. Thus, this acharya had the good heart to respect other spiritual organizations also.
(How to follow chanting amidst tight schedules in daily life? READ HERE!)
Let us now read what are the views of this ACHARYA ON CHANTING in his speeches that have been collected as ten volumes as VOICE OF GOD: (Translated by me from Tamil to English):
(1) Nama Bhajana is the process followed in India since ancient period to enable this jeevathma to come into the contact of Paramathma.
(2) Our people have constructed many Bhajana centres in many towns and villages that shows the practice of people in following Bhajans.
(3) We see Pujas in temples; We worship God in temples; But, In Nama Bhajana, we directly involve our mind with the god.
(4) In India, congregational chanting is very popular. When we sing the names of God with the kartal and music, it beasily attracts all the hearts and involve them also in the Nama bhajan.
(5) By singing like “Raghupati Raghava Rajaram” or “Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna hare Hare”, we will be able to remember the Lord all the times.
(Sleeping Facing North is bad, but Chanting facing north is good. Why? READ HERE!)
(6) In India, the practice of Nagar Sankirtan is also existing since acncient times during special days like Ekadasi or karthika and winter months to spread the Divya Namas to all the people.
(7) This good habit of singing the Bhagawan nama should be revived everywhere. I am happy to see that such singing Namas is getting prominence again everywhere now a days.
(8) When the vedic culture and Agama culture is diminishing now a days, the only religious activity that is growing everywhere is Nama Bhajan Only. I am happy about this trend.
(9) When we develop our bakthi towards Bhagawan, this nama Bhajana becomes important automatically.
(10) BHAGAWAN’S NAMAS ARE NOT JUST NAMES. THE BHAGAWAN’s NAMES ARE ALSO SIMILAR TO THE BHAGAWAN HIMSELF IN POTENCY AND POWER.
(11) By chanting the Holy names of Bhagawan that have been given by revered acharyas, our sins are destroyed and we acquire abundant punya.
(What if I feel more excited while chanting the Names of Krishna than Hare Krishna Maha Manthra? READ HERE!)
(12) It is said even in Srimad Bhagavatham and other sastras that in this kaliyuga that has no facilities to follow other tough forms of sadhanas, only chanting of Bhagawan’s Divya Namas is the right route for attaining moksha. Kalau Sankirtya Kesavam.
(13) In addition to the group singing, every devotee should chant atleast for 10 minutes in his home every day. There is no difficulty in doing this by everyone. Even all the family members can assemble in a place in the home and sing or chant Divya Namas of Lord.
(14) Everyone should perform all his assigned duties and also chant Bhagawan’s Divya Namas. Duties should not be abandoned for chanting the Namas.
(15) No one need to feel shy to chant or sing the Namas of Bhagawan. You need not have the singing talent. Just your Bhakthi Bhawa is important in singing the Divya Namas.
(MIND CONTROL TIPS WHILE WORSHIPING KRISHNA OR CHANTING! READ HERE!)
(16) A child is playing and going here and there. But, suddenly, it comes to its mother and cries “Mother….Mother”. That cry has no shyness or Raghas. Simiarly, in the middle of our business or family life, we should cry the Names of Bhagawan. This habit is very good and this is the major gift to take care of our welfare and real bliss (Athmaanubhawa).
These are some of the views of ACHARYAS ON CHANTING THE HOLY NAMES OF KRISHNA! We will see the views of other acharyas in some other posts.
What is the hesitation in chanting the Holy Names of Lord? Every sampradhaya says this in a single voice.
Take your chanting beads and start chanting Hare Krishna.
Let Krishna shows His mercy to all of you.
(Some Devotees are gossiping and talking while chanting! Is it right? READ HERE!)