SOLAR AND LUNAR ECLIPSES : DO’s AND DON’Ts DURING ECLIPSE!
HOW LUNAR AND SOLAR ECLIPSES HAPPEN?
LUNAR ECLIPSE :
Occurs when the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun, and the Earth’s shadow obscures the moon or a portion of it.
Occurs when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun, blocking all or a portion of the Sun. An eclipse can be total, partial, or annular.
What happens on earth during the eclipse?
During the lunar eclipses whatever energy changes happens in the 28 days of a lunar cycle happens within 2-3 hours of the lunar eclipse. That is why , the earth falsely considers the changes in the two-three hours as if it is a full cycle of moon and remains in a confused state.
Why should we bathe after the eclipse?
During the eclipses, the emission of ultraviolet rays will be more that is harmful for eyes, skin, etc. They get deposited on the skin even if wwe remain indoor. That is why we are asked to take full bath after eclipse.
In other words, the earth feels changes that should happen in 28 days, in this eclipse period of within 2-3 hours.
This causes confusion in our body systems also. Our body is strained excessively when it receives enormous energy within 2-3 hours. Therefore our body too is in a confused state.
That is why, if you take any food during eclipse, it gets some poisonous effects. Or, atleast gets harder to be digested.
DO’s AND DON’Ts DURING THE ECLIPSE
(1) The clothes that you were wearing at the time of eclipse should be washed after the end of eclipse.
(2) Do not touch the bed sheets, pillow covers, window/ door screens, etc, during eclipse. If you touch them, they too should be washed after the end of eclipse.
(3) Touch the clothes only after taking bath after eclipse.
(4) As per the recommendations, Hard foods made up of oil, grains, etc should be avoided atleast 9 hours before the lunar eclipse and atleast 10-12 hours before the Solar eclipse. However, avoid taking hard foods atleast for 4 hours before and after the eclipse.
(5) If you chant one round of (108 times) Lord’s names during the eclipse, it is equal to chanting one crore times.
(6) If you help any needy such as vaishnavas or brahmanas or any down trodden people just one rupee/ dollars, it will give immense benefits equal to the benefits received by donating one crore rupees/ dollars.
(7) During eclipse, you should not watch the sun or moon. Because the lunar or solar attractions will be more and the emission of ultra violet rays will be more during eclipse that will affect the eyes, skin, digestive system etc.
(8) If you offer worship to Lord during the eclipse, it will be more effective since vibrations will be best transmitted.
(9) The best way to spend the time during the eclipse is worshiping, reading spiritual literatures, reciting manthras, chanting, etc.
(10) The pregnant women should remain indoor.
(11) Compulsorily there should be no sexual exchanges throughout the day on eclipse days.
HOPE THIS HELPS!