DRESSING & BEHAVIOUR OF VAISHNAVA IN PUBLIC PLACES!
(As said by H.H.Bhakti Charu Swami)
- Always remember that you are representing Srila Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada never compromised the Absolute Truth. However, he was always the perfect gentleman. This is Krishna Consciousness.
- While dealing with people we have to sacrifice our false ego. We must train ourselves not to be concerned with the subtle interaction of the three modes and material nature.
- We need to develop single-minded determination to think, speak and act as Srila Prabhupada wants us. This is Krishna Consciousness.
- It is imperative that we remember, by constant practice, that everyone is a part and parcel of Sri Krishna. Our only business is to reawaken their consciousness to spiritual reality.
- Always remember that everyone – including Sri Krishna – is watching you.
- Sankirtan is the most effective method to awaken Krishna Consciousness. A devotee should be very concerned to distribute Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s mercy. This should be the essence of all our dealings.
- Never lose your temper in public. Humility and tolerance will always win over anger and frustration.
- Don’t eat in public or sit in public places for discussion or relaxation.
(64 REGULATIVE PRINCIPLES FOR VAISHNAVAS FROM HARI BHAKTA VILASA! READ HERE!)
DRESSING LIKE A VAISHNAVA
“Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said ‘A first class Vaishnava is he whose very presence makes others chant the Holy Name of Krishna.’” (Cc. Madya-Lila 6.16.74)
- There should be no compromise in our Vaishnava appearance. We are representatives of Srila Prabhupada. We should aim to be first class representatives.
- We need to be aware of the bonafide standard of appearance. Maintain it and preach it. In the age of Kali deviations easily become the standard. We should be alert to this.
- Proper Vaishnava dress helps us maintain proper consciousness regarding our identity and responsibility in service to Srila Prabhupada and the Vaishnavas.
- Vaishnava appearance is attractive and will facilitate our preaching. The first impression, which is most often formed from visual stimuli, is the most longstanding.
- Just by seeing a Vaishnava the conditioned soul is purified.
Hope this has clarified the DRESSING & BEHAVIOUR OF VAISHNAVA IN PUBLIC PLACES!
(VAISHNAVA ETIQUETTES EXPECTED FROM THE VAISHNAVAS! READ HERE!)