CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS!
There are many CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS! Let us read them here!
In a nutshell, Bhagavad Gita speaks about FIVE aspects:
(4) Time and
(BHAGAVAD GITA – BENEFITS & MYTHS RELATED TO IT! READ HERE!)
(1) First, It gives complete details about Bhagawan, ie, Paramathma, His expansions, His management, the difference between Bhagawan & all other living beings, etc.
(2) Bhagavad Gita gives all details about Jeevan, ie, Athma/ Jeevathma and its relations with Paramathma, difference between the nature of athma and body!
(3) Bhagavad Gita speaks about Prakruti! Prakruti means this material nature! Though Material nature is the form of Krishna, as it is under the control of the external potency of Krishna, maya, it is contaminated to its present form! Gita advises us to go beyond this material nature and enter into His Kingdom! He gives all the practices in the name of YOGAS to achieve this in Bhagavad Gita! If one follows these YOGAS, he will get Krishna on this earth itself!
(4) Next, Time! Our Prakruthi is controlled by Time! Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that He is the time that erases everything! We are all under its control! However, in the world of Krishna, there is No time, No ageing, No birth & No death! All the persons living in Krishna’s Kingdom (Goloka Vrindhavan) will always remain young & involved in the service of Krishna! Bhagavad Gita takes us to this timeless Kingdom of Krishna!
(Also read: 18 TIPS ON HOW TO READ BHAGAVAD GITA! READ HERE!)
(5) Finally, Karma! Karma means all our actions & their reactions! If ‘A’ does an action that affects ‘B’, Krishna’s Karma Network gives the same type action by another person or the same ‘B’ on ‘A’ either in the same birth or in the next birth, thereby compensating the effects of his action! This is Karma! Every Karma leads to another birth, if not compensated/ cleared in this birth! Krishna says how to avoid accumulation of Karma, another birth and go back to Him!
FOUR YOGAS EXPLAINED IN BHAGAVAD GITA BY KRISHNA
Bhagavad Gita speaks about four Yogas nicely: 1.Karma Yoga 2. Gnana Yoga 3.Dhyana Yoga 4.Bhakthi Yoga! These are also the CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS!
(1) KARMA YOGA: Some persons may be interested in performing duties all the time. Krishna perfects his actions in KARMA YOGA to work without attachments to results. However, karma yoga can not enhance bakthi bhawa, ie, devotional attitude.
(2) GNANA YOGA: Some persons may be interested in learning more about Krishna. For them, Krishna advices them to worship Him through Gnana (Knowledge) in GNANA YOGA. However, Gnana yoga too can not enhance bakthi bhawa, ie, devotional attitude. They can get mukthi (Salvation), but, not an entry to Krishna’s world.
(Will Bhagavad Gita bewilder and frustrate you? READ HERE!)
(3) DHYANA YOGA: Some persons may be interested in performing meditations. Krishna recommends some meditating processes for such persons under DHYANA YOGA. However, meditating with the perfect control of mind is very difficult for all.
(4) BHAKTI YOGA: But, bypassing all these yogas, becoming a devotee of Lord is the ultimate stage and there is no qualification to become a devotee of Krishna. No need for knowedge, no need for wealth, etc, to follow Bhakti Yoga.
Krishna expects us to come to the Ultimate Stage of BHAKTI YOGA, ie, becoming a Perfect Bhaktha (Devotee)! Just surrender of ourselves to Krishna is required to become a devotee of Krishna.
Following Bhakti Yoga is very easy for all. If anyone feels following Bhakthi Yoga difficult at this stage of his life, Krishna advises him atleast to start from Karma Yoga and come to the stage of a Bhakti stage by stage!
Thus He has mercifully simplified all our practices!
WHAT IS YOGA?
Yoga means “Connecting to God”. We can connect to God through all these four yogas! Connecting to God means, not mingling with God equally! We can never equal the God! It is connecting us, ie, creating a link between athma and the Paramathma, because, Paramathma is the natural company of athma to remain connected! Krishna explains in detail all the yogas one by one and how they take one to the next stage!
(Why and How Ganapati wrote Mahabharatha and Bhagavad Gita? READ HERE!)
HOW BHAGAVAD GITA IS SUPERIOR TO VEDAS?
Now, let us see the clear distinction in the CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS!
Vedas explain four Purusharthas such as:
(1) Dharma (ethics)
(2) Artha (earning)
(3) Kama (desires)
(4) Moksha (getting liberated)
Whereas, Bhagavad Gita speaks all the above four and most importantly it speaks about another Purushartha:
(5) KRISHNA PREMA
This Krishna Prema can not be found in vedas. To follow this Krishna Prema, one needs no knowledge at all. He must just desire to love Krishna and Be with Krishna’s service all the time.
One needs good knowledge and practice to follow Vedas in life. Whereas, this Krishna Prema is independent to all the other four purusharthas. Anyone can get Krishna Prema just with a desire to have it.
Thus, Bhagavad Gita offers all the contents available in all Idhikas, Vedas, Puranas, etc, in just about 700+ slokas and also gives extra gift of Krishna Prema! This condensation has been done gracefully by Krishna, because, he knows that the life of people in Kali Yuga is less and they can’t spend much time for all Sastras! How graceful He is! If you first learn Bhagavad Gita and then read puranas and ithikas, you will find that all the scriptures are inluded in Bhagaavd Gita!
(Does Bhagavad Gita encourage violence and unrest? READ HERE!)
Therefore, the Exclusivity in Bhagavad Gita is, the CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA TAKES US TO KRISHNA HIMSELF MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS! takes us beyond vedas, Upanishads, puranas, etc, and takes us to the LOVE OF KRISHNA called PREMA!
Vedas & Upanishads describe all the secrets of creations on this earth! Vedas also explain the rituals to be followed on earth, the fruitive rituals that offer reactions like re-birth! Though vedas are good sources of knowledge, they do not take us to Krishna, but they (Vedas) give a base for learning more about Him!
We have seen so many people still holding only the rituals of vedas & creating differences in the society!
Hope, now you are clear about the CONTENTS OF BHAGAVAD GITA MAKING IT SUPERIOR TO VEDAS!
(KRISHNA’S ADVICE IN BHAGAVAD GITA TO AVOID ONION & GARLIC AND STORIES BEHIND THEM! READ HERE!)