16 KALAS OF KRISHNA/ VISHNU! KALAS OF OTHER GODS & LIVING BEINGS!
Kalas means “divine arts or attributes”, ie, the unit of measure of One’s Power or their degree of Progress.
Krishna is the PURNA AVATAR, ie, DIRECT DESCENDENCE AS KRISHNA HIMSELF.
Krishna who is in Goloka, descends as Krishna Himself with all His 16 KALAS OF KRISHNA/ VISHNU in full.
Krishna and Vishnu forms share same 16 kalas, but, Krishna alone has 64 qualities!
(64 TRANSCENDENTAL QUALITIES OF LORD KRISHNA EXPLAINED! READ HERE!)
What are 16 KALAS OF KRISHNA/ VISHNU?
Only Krishna and Maha Vishnu has all these 16 kalas:
16 KALAS OF KRISHNA AND MAHA VISHNU
There are two types of classifications of 16 KALAS OF KRISHNA/ VISHNU:
CLASSIFIATION OF KALAS – TYPE-1
(1) Daya – Compassion
(2) Dharjya – Patience
(3) Kshama – Forgiveness
(4) Nyaya – Justice
(5) Nirapeksha – Impartiality
(6) Niraskata – Detachment
(7) Tapasya – Meditation and Spiritual Powers
(8) Aparchitta – Invincibility
(9) Danasheel – Bestower of all wealth
(10) Saundarjyamaya – Beauty Incarnate
(11) Nrityajna – Best of Dancers
(12) Sangitajna – Best of Singers
(13) Neetibadi – Embodiment of Honesty
(14) Satyabadi – Truth Itself
(15) Sarvagnata – Perfect master of all arts, such as poetry, drama, painting etc.
(16) Sarvaniyanta – Controller of All
(Why Only ISKCON says Vishnu as Avatar and Krishna as Source? READ HERE!)
CLASSIFIATION OF KALAS – TYPE-2
1) Annamaya – seed-born (food)
2) Pranamaya – water-born (breath)
3) Manomaya – egg-born (mind)
4) Vigyanamaya – womb-born (intellect)
5) Anandamaya – reborn (joy)
6) Atishayini (Peace)
7) Viparinabhini (Love)
8) Sankramini (Creator)
9) Prabhavi (potent, mighty)
10) Kunthini (beyond pain or eternal)
11) Vikasini (great)
12) Maryadini (highly reverred)
13) Sanhaladini (source of happiness)
14) Ahladini (causing joy)
15) Paripurna (Complete, perfect or full)
16) Swarupavasthitha (established in self/form, Independent)
(How many Qualities required to go back to Goloka for humans and gods? READ HERE!)
KALAS OF LORD RAMA AND LORD SIVA
When He came to earth, Lord Rama had first 14 kalas but the last two were missing (Paripurna & Swarupavasthitha).
Paripurna means complete knowledge of all forms of awakening.
Swarupavasthitha means being established in his real true self.
Why Rama had to hide two kalas?
Ravana had got a boon that no god should kill him. So, Vishnu had to come hiding two kalas and forgetting that He is the avatar of Vishnu. Lord Rama acted like a human, cried for Sita, Admired crossing the sea, etc. All this were done just to satisfy the boon got by Ravana.
(KRISHNA, VISHNU, NARAYANA, SIVA – DIFFERENCES! READ HERE!)
KALAS OF LORD SIVA:
Non Vaishnava or Advaita scholars give different views about the kalas Lord Shiva too has 16 kalas, but, if we see from the list-1 of kalas, Saundarjyamaya and one or two may miss in Lord Shiva as He is not interested in showing Himself beautiful. He always lived a life of simplicity applying ashes around His body.
KALAS OF LIVING BEINGS & MATERIALS!
Stones – 1 kala
Water – 2 kalas
Fire – 3 kalas
Vayu – 4 kalas
Space (sky) – 5 kalas
Plants & Trees – 6 kalas
Animals – 7 kalas
Humans – 8 kalas.
Superhumans (extraordinary persons) – 9 kalas
A human body can not bear more than 9 kalas. Some saints have attained upto 9 kalas.
Hope all of you are clear with this knowledge about the kalas (Arts).
(FOUR QUALITIES ESSENTIAL FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH! READ HERE!)