TEN OFFENCES AGAINST CHANTING THE HOLY NAME OF KRISHNA
(In simplified words)
We should not be casual in chanting! Chanting means connecting to Krishna! So, Chanting should be sincere and with a taste in chanting. We should be very careful in avoiding THE FOLLOWING TEN OFFENCES while chanting Hare Krishna Maha Manthra or any other Names of Krishna:
(1) Don’t blaspheme (speaking evil of) those devotees who have dedicated their life for propagating Holy Name Of Krishna!
(My note: Even Krishna will not forgive us for our offences against vaishnavas)
(2) Don’t consider the Names of Demigods to be equal to or independent of the Holy name of Krishna!
We have seen many people treating all the Names demigods/ celestials & Krishna equally but it is an offence. (My note: We can not equalize them with Krishna! However, we must show all the respects to all the demigods since they are serving Lord Krishna as per Lord’s arrangements. We must show love and mercy towards all the living beings also, since they are all the creations of Lord and Krishna is living in them as Paramathma.)
(3) Don’t disobey the orders of your Spritual master!
(4) Don’t speak evil of the Vedic Literature or literature in pursuance of Vedic version!
(5) Don’t think that the Glories of Chanting Hare Krishna to be an imagination!
(My Note: Chanting is not a superstitious ritual. Its vibrations connect us directly with Krishna. This is 100% practical. We have been seeing sound and light waves (Eg: mobile phone signals) reaching even thousands of miles across oceans.)
(6) Don’t commit sinful activities on the strength of the Holy Name of Krishna!
(My Note: We should not take it granted that just because we chant the Holy name of Krishna regularly, we can continue to do sinful activities & then chant Hare Krishna to get relief from those new sins! Such dangerous mentality is very offensive and must be seriously avoided. Chanting should follow adopting the four regulative principles such as No meat, No gambling, No intoxication and No illicit sex. )
(7) Don’t give your own interpretation to the holy name of the Lord!
(8) Don’t instruct a faithless person about Glories of the Holy Name of Krishna!
(My Note: You can request any one just once to chant Hare Krishna by explaining the effects of chanting! But, you should not tell them the transcendental potency of the Lord if he does not show any interest! Most of the persons won’t appreciate the transcendental glories of Krishna’s names initially. In due course of time, they will start looking for more knowledge about Krishna! Then we can explain them!)
(9) Don’t consider Chanting Hare Krishna as one of the auspicious rituals offered in the Vedas for gains!
(My note: Chanting is to get liberated from material bondages and to get Krishna Himself, not for just getting the material benefits as explained in the karma kanta of vedas.)
(10) Don’t Maintain incomplete faith in the chanting Hare Krishna & Material attachments even after so many instructions!
(My note: Put full faith in the Holy Names and chant with full faith. Do not be doubtful even after getting the instructions of a bonafide spiritual master or a vaishnava.)
If you chant Hare Krishna without these major offences, it will be more effective & you will get the mercy of Krishna without fail!
There are some local offenses also at the time of chanting! They have been explained in the following link: