KARMA AND DISEASES: Which Karma gives which diseases in next birth?
A woman devotee (Name hidden) asked like this:
“Hare Krsna Prabhuji, Please hide my name. I have these doubts lingering my mind since long, The first one: I have seen my co-sister being very delicate in her health, with one or the other health complications affecting her, In my case, by God’s grace no major health conditions has affected me till now, I would like to know, is health condition also due to Past Karma? If yes, what could be the reasons for different health conditions for different people. Also, can u list out, the diseases or poor health condition we get in our present life, due to different karmas in our previous life? Lastly, I have started developing pride after people have started praising my good health, how do I stay equipoised in all such situations and also protect from Evil Eye? Awaiting for your guidance. Thanking you in advance.”
Yes, the diseases we get in this birth are also the effect of our karma of the previous birth.
Let me list a few diseases that comes because of past karma.
(1) If a person smokes in this birth, it is recorded in his genes and also in his karmic account. Unless he does not stop and reform Himself before he dies, he will born with genes that will create heart or lung diseases in his next birth. Their hearts and lungs will be easily vulnerable for diseases. He may even have some cells that are the agents for cancer.
If he had less good karma in his karmic account to reduce the ill effects of negative karma, he may get heart diseases or lung diseases and cancer even in this birth.
Many persons do not get heart or lung diseases or cancer in this birth though they smoke. Because they started smoking in this birth only and they have some past good karma that are protecting him in this birth. So, they will get heart diseases in their next birth. Had they smoked in their previous birth, they would have faced heart or lung diseases now.
(WHY SHOULD WE QUIT SMOKING? READ A-Z SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL, CULTURAL AND PRACTICAL REASONS IN THIS POST OF OUR ANOTHER SITE!)
(HOW TO QUIT SMOKING? READ IN THIS POST OF OUR ANOTHER SITE!)
(2) If a person extracts work from his maid or workers even without allowing him/ her to answer her nature’s call, and if they worked while murmuring or cursing their boss, he will get kidney diseases in his next birth.
(3) If a person is having illegal and extra affairs with the opposite gender, he/ she will get secret diseases like veneral diseases, AIDS, etc., either in the same birth or in his next birth. If it does not come in this birth, in their next birth, they get the private diseases definitely.
(4) If a person is torturing anyone in his family (eg: in-laws, parents, etc) that makes them feel congested heart, the tortured person will definitely face heart attack in his next birth, but will survive. If the person who was tortured died out of heart attack, this tortured person will not survive in his heart attack in his next birth.
(How to Prevent and treat Heart Attack? Read in THIS POST of our another site!)
(5) If a person remains cause for anyone’s blindness in this birth, he will take birth as a blind person in his next birth.
(6) If a person aborts the child in this birth, he/ she will also be aborted by his parents in his next birth or his beloved child will die in childhood age itself.
(7) If a person eats excessive sweets beyond a limit in this birth, he may not get diabetes in this birth because his insulin level is good in this birth. In his next birth, his insulin secretion will be problematic and hence he/ she will subscribe to diabetes in his next birth.
(8) If a person is torturing a person for long period, that makes them feel pained and suffocated, he will subscribe to high Blood Pressure.
(9) If a person is standing as a block for the mating of young couples, by forcibly or cleverly separating them, in this birth, he will get impotency in his next birth.
(10) If a person slaps or attack anyone that makes him loss his hearing, he will take birth as a hearing impaired in his next birth.
Thus, many diseases and ailments come only because of our activities in our previous birth.
Above all, if anyone had the curses of ancestors, it reflects in the fifth house of his horoscope. For some reasons, his ancestors might have cursed him in his previous birth. These curses will give any illness and defects like childlessness, having children who do not get married in whole life, hearing impaired, visually challenged, etc. So, we should not torture the elders and we should not get curses of others.
(How the curse affects others? Know HERE!)
Then, your next question of getting pride about your good health.
This pride will give some small disturbances like frequent colds, headaches in your next birth. So, we should never feel proud in this birth though we have everything.
See, we are good today. Who knows about tomorrow?
Today’s rich, tomorrow’s poor.
Today’s beautiful/ charming person, tomorrow’s old looking person.
There Is no guarantee for anyone going outside to come back safely in the evening. We are always at risk. Anything may happen any time.
So, why should you feel proud for your being good now?
Do you know, most of us have a bad habit.
If we see anyone facing an accident and die, we thank Krishna for having left us safe.
If we see the child of our neighbor fails in the exam, we feel proud for having a good scoring child.
If someone loses money in share trading, we feel proud for having invested only in government bank deposits.
Thus, we feel ourselves proud when we see the pains of others.
Sorry to say, this is not a desirable quality.
Not only you, 90% of the people have this mentality.
Don’t you accept what I say? Then, what should we do when we see the pains of others?
Instead of feeling proud for ourselves, we should feel for their pains and rush to help them without expecting any favour back.
This is called deiva guna, ie, satva guna.
(Why satva guna is favourable for devotion? READ HERE!)
I have noted that you have asked in the past also about your mistakes that shows that you like to lead a reformed life with principles. So, you are on the path of your reformation that is good.
From today, whenever you see anyone suffer, rush to help them. Shed tears for them. Do not think of yourself. You are alright now. You are not sure about what happens in future. All of us are vulnerable to karmic reactions till we become pure devotees.
So, understanding that all are under risk until they are in this material world, feel for others. Don’t feel happy for your being good. More life time is there in which we may have to face challenges.
Just pray to Krishna to give you enough strength to face your karmic reactions. This is the right mindset and right prayer.
Only because I have this mindset, I am serving all of you though I faced monetary loss for the past many years because of sparing more time for this service. Only when it started to go beyond a limit, I started some paid services to compensate my time.
We should take pains to serve others. That is called real service.
Only when we take pains for others, our karma will come down.
Hope you understood the reply.