NARADA RISHI – HISTORY AS ONE OF 12 MAHAJANAS – DIARY!
(1) Narada Rishi or Narada Muni is a Pure Deva Rishi who is an expert musician.
(2) He has been gven the blessing of visiting any planet in the whole creations wherever he wants.
(Doubt whether Bhagavad Gita was spoken by man or God? Read this Post here!)
(3) Sage Narada is a great Story teller and carrier of messages from one place to another.
(4) If he wants to bring a dispute to the end, he would ignite it by telling the matter to the parties concerned. It may cause a storm first and will end with the positive result.
(5) Sage Narada is also called as Rishiraj, meaning the king of all sages or rishis.
(6) He has been blessed with the capacity of knowing the past, present and future events.
(7) Once his knowledge became a hindrance to the creations of the God. So, it is said that Narada was cursed that though he speaks truth, the people will not believe them.
(Original Guru Parampara of Mahabharatha & Bhagavatham! READ HERE!)
(8) He is always seen with the musical instruments like kartal and Veena that is called Mahathi, and singing the glories of Lord Narayana.
(9) Sage Narada has been given three major scriptures namely Narada Purana, Narada Smriti and Narada Bhakti Sutra.
(10) Sage Narada is an expert in vedas, Puranas and six angas namely pronunciation, grammar, prosody, terms, religious rites and astronomy.
(11) Narada is also an expert in the Politics, war, religion, knowledge about this whole universe, etc.
(12) Sage Narada was a Gandharva in his previous birth and he had taken birth as Gandharva on earth after being cursed.
(NARADA, HANUMAN AND A MAN WHO CHANTED AT TOILET – STORY! READ HERE!)
(13) He learnt from the sages discussing among themselves as his mother was working for the sages.
(14) After the death of his mother, Narada Rishi started wandering for want of the ultimate knowledge about the absolute truth. Since he performed penance towards Vishnu, Lord Vishnu appeared before him and blessed him saying that Narada would not be able to see His (Vishnu) divine form again until he died.
(15) He spent his remaining days in following the devotion to Vishnu. After death, Vishnu gave Narada his spiritual form.
(16) Narada Rishi is considered to be the Sakti Avesha Avatar of Lord Vishnu and a Pure and elevated soul.
(17) There is a beautiful temple for Narada Rishi in Chigateri, Karnataka.
(The Glories of Sage Narada has been explained in THIS POST with a story. Please read!)