How the life in Heavenly Planets (Swarga Loka) will be?
Adhityan Yadav asked like this:
“Hare Krishna Prabhu. Prabhu my question is “In our Site, many articles tell about hellish planets experience, ghostly life experience, etc…And now kindly please tell us about How the day to day lifestyle of heavenly beings and their family relationships?”
Do heavenly people need to go school, job to earn, do agriculture for food, do they need industries for creating transportation vechiles, machines technology, will they age old, get diseases, control Pancha bhootas?
Do they eat three times a day, can they fly or reach anywhere instantly and can see any distant incidents instantly and can get any objects products that they desire instantly , what kind of enjoyments, pleasures will they get when compared to this normal earthly planet,,, as heavenly beings don’t like to visit our earthly planet, as they think this place like garbage, I read it somewhere.
And sorry prabhu, if I asked you anything wrong, waiting patiently Prabhu”
Among the heavenly Planets, the Svargaloka is a place for enjoying the senses and are the destination of the passionate people and demigods.
The demigods in the modes of goodness reside in Maharloka, Janaloka, Tapaloka and Satyaloka. Here, the residents are all saintly in nature.
When Arjuna left this Planet, he was taken to the heavenly planets.
(CREATIONS BY KRISHNA – 5 : FOURTEEN MATERIAL WORLDS – FULL DETAILS! READ HERE!)
Vaisampayana describes how Arjuna saw the life in heavenly planets, particularly the City of Indra: (Only Points given):
(1) Delightful and was the resort of Siddhas and Charanas.
(2) Adorned with the flowers of every season, and with sacred trees of all kinds.
(3) Had celestial gardens called Nandana–the favourite resort of Apsaras.
(4) Fanned by the fragrant breezes charged with the farina of sweet-scented flowers.
(5) It was a region for the virtuous alone, and not for those who had turned their back on the field of battle.
(6) Those celestial gardens resound with celestial music.
(7) There are celestial cars by thousands, capable of going everywhere at will, stationed in proper places. And he saw tens of thousands of such cars moving in every direction.
(8) The son of Pandu was praised by Apsaras and Gandharvas.
(CREATIONS BY KRISHNA – 4 : MATERIAL WORLDS – CREATION & ANNIHILATION! READ HERE!)
(9) The celestials, then, accompanied by the Gandharvas and Siddhas and great Rishis, cheerfully reverenced Pritha’s son of white deeds.
(10) The son of Pritha then went to that large and extensive starry way called by the name of Suravithi. There he met with the Sadhyas, the Viswas, the Marutas, the twin Aswins, the Adityas, the Vasus, the Rudras, the Brahmarshis of the great splendour, and numerous royal sages with Dilipa at their head, and Tumvura and Narada, and that couple of Gandharvas known by the names of Haha and Huhu.
DESCRIPTION OF HEAVENLY KING INDRA
(11) And a beautiful white umbrella furnished with a golden staff was held over the chief of the celestials. And he was fanned with a Chamara perfumed with celestial scents. And he was eulogised by many Gandharvas headed by Viswavasu and others, by bards and singers, and by foremost Brahmanas chanting Rik and Yajus hymns.
(12) And a band of Gandharvas headed by Tumvuru skilled in music sacred and profane, sang many verses in melodious notes. And Ghritachi and Menaka and Rambha and Purvachitti and Swayamprabha and Urvasi and Misrakesi and Dandagauri and Varuthini and Gopali and Sahajanya and Kumbhayoni and Prajagara and Chitrasena and Chitralekha and Saha and Madhuraswana, these and others by thousands, possessed of eyes like lotus leaves, who were employed in enticing the hearts of persons practising rigid austerities, danced there.
(CREATIONS BY KRISHNA – 3 : BRAHMAM & INTERMEDIATE WORLDS! READ HERE!)
(13) And possessing slim waists and fair large hips, they began to perform various evolutions, shaking their deep bosoms, and casting their glances around, and exhibiting other attractive attitude capable of stealing the hearts and resolutions and minds of the spectators.
SABHA OF INDRA – DESCRIPTION
“O Pandava! O descendant of the Bharata lineage! All the divine waters and herbs, Shraddha, Medha, Sarasvati, artha, dharma, kama, lightning, clouds bearing rain, the winds, thunder, the eastern direction, the twenty-seven fires that convey sacrificial offerings, Agni, Soma, Indragni, Mitra, Savita, Aryama, Bhaga, the Vishvadevas, the Sadhyas, Shukra, Manthi, the sacrifices, the dakshinas, the planets, all the stobhas and all the mantras uttered at sacrifices are seated there. O king! There are also the apsaras and the beautiful gandharvas. With dancing, music and songs, and various other forms of entertainment, they amuse Shatakratu, the king of the gods. O king of men! With hymns and rituals, they praise the valorous acts of the greatsouled destroyer of Bala and Vritra. All the brahmana rajarshis and all the devarshis are there, riding various divine chariots that blaze like the fire. They are garlanded and adorned and all of them come and go. Brihaspati and Shukra go there together. O king! These and many other ascetics who are rigid in their vows, riding chariots that are like the moon and themselves, as handsome as the moon Bhrigu and the seven great sages go there on Brahma’s instructions. O king! I have myself seen this sabha of Shatakratu’s, named Pushkaramalini. O great king! O unblemished one!”
(CREATIONS BY KRISHNA – 2 : SPIRITUAL (VAIKUNTA) PLANETS! READ HERE!)
NOW YOUR QUESTIONS:
(1) How the day to day lifestyle of heavenly beings and their family relationships?
They need not do anything. Whatever they just think, it will come in front of them. So, they need not do any works.
Heavenly planets are meant for enjoyments alone. Not to do any works of any kind.
All the living beings are individual persons and they do not have any particular relationships, because, the person has gone there just to enjoy a free life – to eat, to dance, to drink soma juice, to interact with the girls, etc.
(2) Do heavenly people need to go school, job to earn, do agriculture for food, do they need industries for creating transportation vechiles, machines technology?
No. They need not go to Schools, jobs, etc. All they think will just come readily in front of them.
(HOW KRISHNA CREATED ALL THE CREATIONS AND LIVING BEINGS? READ HERE!)
And, there are heavenly cars stationed in particular places for the transportation for enjoyment only. However, they can go to any place just by their thoughts. Car rides are meant only for honour, riding enjoyments, etc. But, cars are there decorated with the flowers.
No industries because everything is produced instantly just by thoughts.
(3) Will they age old, get diseases, control Pancha bhootas?
They will age old according to the period for which they have been assigned in heavenly planets.
But, no pains are there and hence no diseases also. Heavens are the places for enjoyments. Diseases are existing in the earth planet as the people on the earth come here to face both the good and negative karma.
(4) Do they eat three times a day?
They can eat any number of times a day just by thinking.
They are not making foods in kitchens. Whatever they want to eat, they feel as if it is eaten. So, it can be said as Virtual food. Even in Pitru loka, the ancestors get satisfied virtually when their sons offer food for them on earth. Similarly, in the heavens, everything is satisfied just by thoughts. They need not cook, wash the utensils, have kitchens, etc.
(How Origin of Creations is Krishna’s Body as said by Bhagavatham? READ HERE!)
(5) Can they fly or reach anywhere instantly and can see any distant incidents instantly and can get any objects products that they desire instantly?
Yes, they can fly anywhere as enjoyments and honour. However, they can travel instantly to any place just by thinking.
They have some extra capacities to see and feel the distant objects and places. But, these capacities are limited and are not comparable to the demigods.
(6) What kind of enjoyments, pleasures will they get when compared to this normal earthly planet, as heavenly beings don’t like to visit our earthly planet, as they think this place like garbage, I read it somewhere.
Enjoyments are similar to those exist in this earth planet. Eating delicious things whatever they want, enjoyments with the girls, drinking Soma juice for pleasure, sleeping, dancing, watching dances of girls, etc. These enjoyments will be plenty in those planets. The only difference is that there will be no painful experiences.
A life in the heavenly planets is given as a reward for doing good things while living in the earth. So, pains are not there. Pains are given in the hellish planets only.
(12 THINGS TO FOLLOW TO GO BACK TO KRISHNA’s GOLOKA AT THE END OF THIS BIRTH ITSELF! READ HERE!)
However, these enjoyments are for a limited period only. Once their punya karma is over, they will be sent back to the earth for the cycle of birth, disease, old age and death.
Krishna too has said about heavens.
KRISHNA’s VIEWS ON HEAVENS IN BHAGAVAD GITA
Chapter 9 – Sloka 20:
Those who study the Vedas and drink the soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. Purified of sinful reactions, they take birth on the pious, heavenly planet of Indra, where they enjoy godly delights.
Chapter 9 – Sloka 21:
When they have thus enjoyed vast heavenly sense pleasure and the results of their pious activities are exhausted, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus those who seek sense enjoyment by adhering to the principles of the three Vedas achieve only repeated birth and death.
Chapter 9 – Sloka 28:
In this way you will be freed from bondage to work and its auspicious and inauspicious results. With your mind fixed on Me in this principle of renunciation, you will be liberated and come to Me.
Hope you are now clear about the life in Heavenly Planets (Swarga Loka).
(GOLOKA VRINDAVAN, VAIKUNTA & SPIRITUAL SKY – DESCRIPTION! READ HERE!)