How to involve your ego in Krishna’s service? Practical Tips!
A male devotee (Name hidden) asked like this:
Hare Krishna Prabhuji. Accept my humble obesience…….Prabhuji I want to ask that how can we use our ego in Krishna service….I have heard that we can use anything and everything in Krishna’s service…..so is it possible to use our ego in Lord s service…… Please explain.
Ego means, “A person’s sense of self esteem or self importance. Eg: I can do……. I only can do perfectly…….I should be safe……. I should control others. I should be respected”
You can involve these four feelings of “I” in Krishna’s service.
(If Krishna is our intelligence, why should Senses, Mind and False Ego dominate us? KNOW HERE!)
(1) If you feel that YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, then, involve the same feeling in Krishna’s service. Start to tell “I CAN SERVE LORD AND HIS DEVOTEES”. With this feelings, start serving Lord. So, you have involved “I” in Krishna’s service. So, material ego has become spiritual service.
(2) If you feel that YOU ONLY CAN DO ANYTHING, then, involve the same feeling in Krishna’s service. Start to tell “I ONLY CAN SERVE LORD AND HIS DEVOTEES BETTER”. Is it not pride? May be, but, involve that pride also in Lord’s service. Compete with other devotees in serving better than them and prove that you alone can serve Lord better than others. Everyone should tell that you are the most sincere and most effective performer. When others say so, other devotees also will get motivation to serve lord like you. Srila Prabhupada proved that he only can serve better because, many others tried to take Bhagavad Gita to other countries, particularly west. But, only Srila Prabhupada did it most effectively and lakhs of Bhagavad Gita is being sold worldwide. He also introduced Krishna conscious way of life in all continents that no others could do that much. So, you can apply your ego of YOU ONLY CAN DO ANYTHING” in Lord’s service as mentioned above.
(What are MANAS (Mind), BUDDHI (Intelligence) and AHANKAR (False Ego)? An Interesting Explanation can be READ HERE!)
(3) If you feel that YOU SHOULD BE SAFE, then, involve the same feeling in Krishna’s service. Start to tell “Krishna Consciousness must be followed by me and thus I must escape from painful material life that will make me safe under the shelter of Krishna in His kingdom. So, if you need to be safe, you should be with Krishna.
(4) If you feel that YOU SHOULD CONTROL OTHERS, then involve in Krishna Bakthi dedicatedly. How can it help you to control others? If you like to control others, you should LOVE THEM. If you need to love all the people, you have to consider all others as the products and parts of Krishna and Krishna is living in them also. So, see Krishna in all others and hence love them unconditionally. When you love all, then, all others will get controlled with your love. You may be aware that even Krishna is willing to be under the control of the love of His devotees. Then, what will be the problem in loving all and control them?
DO YOU KNOW? EVEN KRISHNA WILL LIKE TO BE UNDER THE CONTROL OF HIS DEVOTEES!
(READ HERE THE MIND CONTROL TIPS WHILE WORSHIPING KRISHNA OR CHANTING!)
(5) “I must be respected by others”. This too will happen when you serve Krishna. If you glorify and serve Krishna sincerely, Krishna will add all the glories to you back. Yes, Krishna will make the sincere devotees popular and ensure that His devotees are honoured by others.
Thus, you can involve all your thoughts of “I” in the service of Krishna. When you follow this attitude continuously, in due course of time, “I” will be replaced by “Krishna”.
Show your ego, possessiveness, love, etc on Krishna. Then, slowly, Krishna will start to dominate your thoughts and consciousness. After that, your life will be peaceful and blissful.
Hope you understood.
(Which is the best offering to Krishna that one can give? Why? KNOW HERE!)