BRAHMA DEVA – HISTORY AS ONE OF THE 12 MAHAJANAS!
(1) Brahma deva – is the Creator of the creations! The first and lead member of this material creations! Topmost level of living being in the material creations.
(2) Brahma is called SVAYAMBU, ie, born himself.
(12 MAHAJANAS – INTRODUCTION! READ HERE!)
(3) There are three versions about Brahma’s Origin.
(4) Vaishnavism says that Brahma deva was born from the lotus flower that emerges from the naval of Maha Vishnu.
(5) Shaivism says through their scriptures that Brahma deva was born from Lord Shiva.
(6) Shakthism says that Devi Created the creations and Brahma too
(7) His Complexion – Golden; Heads – Four. Four faces with beard.
(8) Brahma’s four heads denote four vedas and four directions.
(NARADA RISHI AS ONE OF THE 12 MAHAJANAS – DIARY OF FACTS! READ HERE!)
(9) Brahma’s Internal energy and consort – Goddess sarasvati who was created by himself.
(10) Brahma created his children from his mind. So, his children are called as MANAS PUTRAS!
(11) According to Maitri Upanishad (.2), the universe emerged from darkness, ie, tamo guna;, first as ‘passion’ characterized by innate quality, ie, rajo guna; Then the universe is refined and differentiated into purity and goodness, ie, sattva guna.
(12) Of these three qualities, rajo guna is associated with Brahma. Thamo guna is associated with Siva (Rudra) and Satva guna is associated with Vishnu. Thus, the universe is created by these trimurtis.
(13) Brahmananda Purana says about Brahma: Before the creations, there was nothing, but an eternal ocean. From which, a golden egg, called Hiranyagarbha, emerged. The egg broke open and Brahma, who had created himself within it, came into existence (Swayambhu). Then, he created the universe, the earth and other things. He also created people to populate and live on his creation.
(Did Brahma marry his daughter Sarasvati? Why? READ HERE!)
(14) VAISHNAVITE VIEWS ABOUT BRAHMA:
SRIMAD BHAGAVATHAM says that Brahma is the one who rises from the Causal Ocean (Ocean of Causes) and Brahma emerges at the moment when time and universe is born, inside a lotus rooted in the navel of Vishnu
(15) Before starting the creations, Brahma deva realizes that he had forgotten the knowledge of creations. He then realized the presence of Vishnu in his heart. After that, with the mercy of Hari, ie, Vishnu, he sees the beginning and end of the universe, and then his creative powers are revived.
(16) Brahma creates the creations by combining Material nature called Prakruti and the eternal Purusha (Athman).
(17) Using the knowledge he received from Vishnu, Brahma deva creates TIME that exists on,ly in the material worlds. Spiritual planets do not have Time.
(Is becoming Lord Vishnu or Siva or Brahma possible for humans? Why? READ HERE!)
(18) Brahma has a few temples in India. A few temples for Brahma in India:
In Pushkar, Asotra village in Barmer district of Rajasthan, Uttamar Kovil in Trichy Tamilnadu, Kumbakonam in Tamilnadu, Sri kalahasthi – near Tirupati, In Chebrolu (A.P), Bangaluru, Goa, Mangalweda (Solapur dt of Maharashtra), Sopara (near Mumbai), Khedbrahma in Gujarat, Kanpur, Hosur (TN), Khokan, Annamputhur, etc.
(19) Some temples exist for Brahma in other countries such as Cambodia, Indonesia, Burma, Thailand, China, etc.
(20) Since he has once lied that he had seen Lord Siva’s head portion and made screw pine flower (which was like an angel) to witness on the same, Brahma deva was cursed by Lord Siva not to have s many temples
(Are Siva and Brahma subject to karma and death like us? READ HERE!)