Can I consider Krishna in all relations as Parent, Child, husband and Guru?
A girl devotee (Name hidden) asked like this:
“prabhuji should i go to any functions to other religious person??? like in my muslim friends wedding??how to attend that bcz i don’t like to attend in that type of party what to do???
prabhuji in my childhood, i love Radha krishna as my mother n father bcz i feel the need of parents after that when i was 15 years old i love krishna as my friend bcz in that time i feel the need of friends then when i was 19 i love little krishna as my child now I’M 23 i want to love krishna as my husban bcz i feel that… n when i learn something i feel that krishna is my guru n he teach me that.
bt i try myself to attached with the child form of krishna bt i feel very lackness of husband bt i don’t want any person as my husband without krishna bcz if i love krishna as husband i have no fear of loosing him.
bt now I’m very afraid that where is the guarantee that in future I’ll not want krishna in other form n besides this i have deity of baal gopal n baal radharani so i can’t ignore them for fulfillling my need n can’t start worshipsing jugal murti of radhakrishna… so i very bad can u tell me why i feel this n what to do???”
These considerations of Krishna in different bhawas is natural. There is no doubt in that.
In different stages of your life, you have considered Krishna in different relations.
I do not like to discourage that.
However, you should remember that I am a guy who highlights the practical feasibility and possibilities of any aspect in our devotional practices. I do not just reproduce the concepts as it is, but, try to customize based on the present trend going on, but without deviating from the basic concepts.
That way, just try to understand the following points:
(1) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a husband (lover) and a guru is possible because a husband is also a guru for a girl.
(2) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a parent and a guru is possible because a parent is also a guru for a girl.
(3) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a husband (lover) and a friend is possible because a husband is also a friend for a girl.
(4) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a parent and a friend is possible because a parent is also a friend for a girl.
(5) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a husband (lover) and a child may create a conflict.
(6) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a husband (lover) and a parent may create a conflict.
(7) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a guru and a child may create a conflict, though it is possible for a child to teach lessons to the parent.
(8) Considering Krishna simultaneously as a husband (lover) and a child may create a conflict.
Let us see some examples:
(1) Gopis considered Krishna as their lover.
(2) Sri Caitanya Maha Prabhu expressed the bhawa of Radharani, who is the eternal consort of Krishna.
(3) Arjuna considered Krishna as his friend and also a guru that was possible for him.
(4) Draupati considered Krishna like a brother who comes to rescue in time.
(5) Andal considered Krishna as her husband.
Thus, most of the devotees have followed a NON-CONTRADICTORY relationships with Krishna. Therefore, they were able to concentrate in Krishna in a single or two non-contradictory bhawas.
This will help us to focus on Krishna in a particular bhawa only that will lead to faster development of their depth in their devotion to Krishna.
So, my suggestion to you is:
Find out which bhawa is more dominant for you. Treat Krishna more in that bhawa.
You can consider Krishna as a husband since you seem to have that relation dominated. In addition to that, you can consider Him as your guru also.
Its ok, let me tell about me. In which Bhawa I consider Krishna the most?
Since I was totally reformed as a responsible person ONLY because of Bhagavad Gita, the bhawa of considering Krishna as a GURU is more dominated in me.
However, whenever I see the baby Krishna pic.s and deities, I call Him in different ways like “my sweet boy, my sweety, my naughty boy” like that.
Since Krishna is always supporting me from fall down by giving a helping hand in a subtle way, I treat Him as a friend also. However, since I am not that much pure like Krishna, it can’t be recognized, because only two equal status of persons can be friends. However, that bhawa comes up some times.
So, for me, Krishna is primarily a guru and also a friend, but, He should make me pure to be eligible to be His friend.
Hope you are clear now.
Note: Your another question about attending the marriages of non-devotees of Krishna: You may attend if unavoidable, but, do not take any food there. If they give milk and fruits, take them. Enough.